Welcome Owen


 Having a second kid has been a very big challenge for me (not to mention having them so close in age- 21 months apart to be exact). Sometimes I wish I would've waited for a while before embarking on another pregnancy. Between the guilt of not spending enough time with Mason (my first born) to having no patients with him because I am so tired from the pregnancy; it has been both hard on my relationship with The Warden and my metal state. And that's probably why over the past 9 month all you have heard from me is complaining about how shit I have been feeling.  However after 41 weeks and 1 day, all of the unhappiness and depression that I have felt instantaneously vanished the moment I held Owen in my arms.

I started my contractions at 1:30 am on Thursday morning (September 28th, 2017) and it slowly escalated. Around 5:00 am the Warden and I rushed to the hospital as I couldn't tolerate the pain anymore (and of course to get my epidural, before it was too late). Once we got to the hospital I was 4 cm dilated and my water still didn't break, so I got my epidural and waited for this baby to come into this world. Eventually my doctor had to break my water and around 1:45 pm I started pushing. After 9 hours of labour and an hour of push (plus that little thing called an episiotomy), Owen came into the world as loud as he could. 


 Today officially marks a week that Owen has graced us with his presence. I finally feel so peaceful and blessed with what I have in life. I have finally found a balance in life with 2 beautiful sons and a wonderful husband, it has made me a calmer and grateful person. Sometimes we get so caught up with the small picture that we don't look in front of us and enjoy the bigger picture. Thank you Owen for making mommy a better human.


xoxo
P&P

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P