Overnight Oats with Quaker Oats


Every morning our house is a zoo! There's always clothes flying around and consistent screaming about something. It's especially stressful for me as I try to get everyone ready for their day plus trying to feed them a delicious breakfast. It gets pretty difficult as we have 3 different eaters in our household. The Warden likes a hearty breakfast thats quick and keeps him full for a long day at the office. Mase is allergic to eggs which is a major food group that gets eliminated, so it makes my life a little harder for me to whip him up something nutritious and quick. And little old me, well I tend to eat everyone's leftovers but it has to be dairy free.

In search of something easy and fun to satisfy everyone's taste buds I was introduced by the ladies from Bite Me More how to make to overnight oats with Quaker Oats. Overnight oats are amazing as they are so easy and you make them the night before so in the mornings all you have to do is take them out of your fridge (without needing to heat) and serve it to your clan. Also with the wide variety of Quaker Oats and endless combinations of flavours you can please everyone's taste buds. The Warden now can eat a delicious breakfast option in the car, and the oats will keep him full all day. For Mase there's no need to worry about the egg issue. And me I use the different types of dairy free milks out there with my oats to make myself something yummy. Now in the mornings I get that extra time to myself, where I spend it hiding in the bathroom with my coffee in peace and quiet. 

Here is one of my favourite overnight oats recipes. It's my take on a coconut cream pie but without the calories and the addition of yummy and healthy fruits.

Coconut Cream Pie with Blueberries and Banana 

Ingredients 
1/2 cup Quaker oats
1/2 cup Coconut milk
1 tbsp Honey 
1 Banana 
1/4 cup Blueberries 
3 tbsp Coconut yogurt 
1 tbsp Sweetened shredded coconut 

Directions 
1. Mix the Quaker Oats with the coconut milk and honey. Once it's all combined add it to your container of choice. Hint- use a Mason jar for easy layering and great way to travel and eat. 
2. Layer on top of the oatmeal your blueberries, coconut yogurt, sliced banana, topped off with a little more blueberries and the shredded coconut. 
3. Leave the container in the fridge overnight and enjoy it in the morning. 

Hope you love it as much as we do! And don't forget to spend that extra time you saved in the mornings wisely! 

xoxo
P&P

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P