A week in Paris can cure mommy blues

The month of January was very difficult for me with a combination of anxiety, stress and exhaustion. My work life and mommy life was crashing into each other and I felt like I was having a melt down. As a woman who thinks she can do it all, I felt very guilty to come to terms that I couldn't handle everything on my own. So I decided that I needed to get over the guilt and do something for myself before things become really bad...and Paris was the answer.    

Being on a mommy retreat meant that there was no holding back. Therefore no restriction on food; I mean we are in France the country of cheese, butter and wine (everything I limit myself back home); but how can I recover without really enjoying? I wish I had more food pics but really I just forget every time a beautiful plate arrived at our table. This pic was from our first dinner at a traditional French bistro called Chez Fernand, and what a great way it was to start the whole experience (a must visit place when you are in Paris).    

Of course there was a little drama on our trip. A man with a knife attacked a solider outside the Louvre, but luckily we were not first hand caught in the middle of the attack as that day we decided to go to the Notre Dame instead.  

And after a week in Paris I felt like a new person. My energy went from red to green; I was finally ready to focus and get back to my hectic but beautiful and amazing life. I was especially excited to get back to my little Bae and spend some real quality time. 


xoxo
P&P

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P