Baby Mason Sunny Ng's Birth Story


Wow! What a couple of days it has been. First I thought I was going to be past my due date and would maybe have a Christmas baby. But that didn't happen because on December 14th at 6:45am we welcomed Mason Sunny Ng to this world at 9.09 pounds and 18 inches. 

I will spare everyone the exact details but I will recap this awful but wonderful and painful but blissful day. I went into early labour at 1:30 am on Sunday. As this being my first pregnancy and everyone knows, especially the warden that I'm a drama queen; when the first contractions came we both wanted to put it off as Braxton hicks (fake contractions). But as the contractions started to get more regular and painful I knew I was in some type of labour. However I wanted to be sure so I held off until 7:30am to leave for the hospital. 



Once we arrived to the hospital I got my first examination and it was determined that I was only 3 cm dilated. This meant that I wasn't in active labour yet, so I had the choice of going home and waiting or staying at the hospital. We decided to stay at the hospital and to progress the dilation I walked around the entire hospital. As I walked from ward to ward and my contractions got worse, everything got harder. I remember seeing strangers reactions as they would walk by me and feel so sorry for me. I even had one lady come up to me too say a prayer for me.

Finally after 7 hours I got officially omitted into my birthing suite, and surprisingly only 5 cm dilated. Oh well I didn't care how many cm I was dilated all I wanted was the epidural! I mean I really wanted it...to the point where I was screaming "EPIDURAL" at any nurse that walked by my room. One nurse was so annoyed with me that she closed my door! I got the epidural and than everything was fine. As the warden describes it; I went from evil devil bitch to a sweet angel. Either way without the epidural for the situation I had I would have killed myself. 

As I write this I am still very much in pain and recovering from this some what traumatic experience. Was it worth it? YES! But would I do it again? Too early to tell.



xoxo
P&P

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P