One step at a time (34 WEEKS)






It's 11:30 am and finally I get the energy to roll out of bed! As I step over a huge pile of dirty laundry on our bedroom floor, I realize that I have already used up 80% of my energy. Now as I walk into the bathroom my back pain flares up and I look at myself in the mirror and I start to feel...I think its the feeling of guilt?!?!? Wait but why am I feeling guilty? Oh and than I think to myself; if I wasn't pregnant I would have already had breakfast, gone to the gym and arrived at the office to take my first meeting by 11:30 am. But instead at 34 weeks pregnant doing all of those things takes much more effort, and I feel bad that I can't do it all.

So how much effort does it really take? Well imagine carrying a sack of potatoes on your chest while running a 5k marathon and looking cute at the same time. Not easy! However I wish this wasn't the case and that's where the guilt comes from. Not being able to balance running my business and getting ready to be a mother makes me feel like I have failed already. I want to be that women that everyone complements on being able to do everything. 

I think society puts way to much pressure on women when they are pregnant to look a certain way, or when they become a mother to do everything for free. But not everyone can look like a super model, and being a mother is already a full-time job, so how do you fit in another career when you already have one? Well there's no real answer because I have been searching for something to make me feel less guilty since I got pregnant. Instead I have decided to tell society's discourses on being a women in this day and age to go fuck themselves? I'm over it I'm going to live the way I want to live because I only have 6 more weeks to myself. Bye-bye guilt!!!

Wearing: Missguided Jacket, Zara Sweater and Shoes, ASOS Maternity Tights, Chanel Pin

xoxo
P&P

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P