The trials and tribulations in getting dressed when pregnant





Imagine this...it's 6 am in the morning and I need to be across the city for an 7 am call time, but I can't get up, so I press my snooze button and lay my head back down. Now it's 6:20 am and I  jump out of my bed in a panic, than run into my closet and stand there looking at all my clothes with a clueless face. As I keep looking in my closet I think to myself; shit I have way too many crop tops, how am I going to hide this baby bump on TV? Than I start trying on outfits as I know time is running out and the pile of clothes on the floor has become Mount Everest. All I want is an outfit that is TV appropriate and it won't make me look pregnant. So it means that it has to be something simple but not too sexy, loose but not too baggy and bright but not to many prints...and I had nothing!  
As I am about to cry I looked at myself in the mirror and stare at my stomach. Than a light bulb went off...am I stupid? Why am I worrying about my weight when this should be a happy time in my life? It literately will be the only time where I can gain weight and stuff my face without feeling any guilt. So I decided that I was going to stop being a little wimp and realize that I am pregnant and embrace it. Why did I ever think that I would look like Jessica Alba when she was pregnant? It wasn't like I remotely looked like her on a normal bases. So I reached for my tightest (non-sexy) dress I had and wiggled into it. At first I was a little hesitant but than I decided to layer something over the dress so I am little more comfortable. This layering meant that it couldn't be a baggy loose sweater but rather something with a structured slimming shape. Voila I have an outfit and I am loving my new found weight. Okay fine I don't love it I like it, but with this new outlook I know I'll get there.  
Wearing: Zara Sleeveless Trench Coat, ASOS Dress, Altuzarra Shoes, JOLIE Purse 

xoxo
P&P

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P