Alexander McQueen BCBG Fall Fendi Hermes Isabel Marant JOLIE style book Zara
fall in love with fall layers
Its not a surprise that I am a Fall type of girl. The crisp air, pumpkin spice lattes, and of course the art of layering. Layering is done primarily to keep you warm. Remember those days when your mother would put you in so many layers that you couldn't even bend your limbs, and you probably looked a lot like the Pillsburry Doughboy. Well as an adult we don't ever want to go back there, so here are my key ways of layering to always keep you looking great.
1. Don't pack away your summer dress yet- transition silk dress into your Fall wardrobe and the base of an outfit, the light fabric keeps the look from being bulky when adding on the additional layers.
2. Invest in a couple of neutral coloured sweaters- treat the sweater like the canvas by choosing a simple colour (like nudes and grays), it makes it much simpler to add to the canvas.
3. Scarfs are always a good idea- they can keep you warm without over heating you like a jacket, and it adds a cool touch to the outfit by introducing a print or pop of colour.
4. Use a belt to give you a waist- sometimes no matter what you do you may look bulky so use a thin belt and tie it around your waist to give you a shape.
5. Never forget to play with accessories- by adding a bold leather bracelet and a cool pair of sunglasses it keeps the look from being boring, as well as adding in texture and colour into the outfit.
Wearing: Isabel Marant x H&M Scarf, BCBG Sweater, Zara Dress (worn as skirt), Fendi Boots, JOLIE clutch and Alexander McQueen Sunglasses