A Gluten Free Lifestyle - Jody Leigh for Gluten Free


I was honored when Toronto based designer Jody Leigh asked me to be the brand ambassador of her newest project; a collection of t-shirts called Jody Leigh for Gluten Free. This line was an idea born after Jody was diagnosed with the Celiac disease. The chic t-shirts was a way to educate her loved ones what was going on and promoting her new way of life. I may not have this disease but I am very conscious of gluten intake into my body. I even go as far as telling waitresses that I have a gluten intolerance, and my friends do get a kick out of my actions. Being around Jody I have found an even wider appreciation of this disease and really appreciate what a life changing event it can be. Her debut collection has brought together style and food by making a bold statement, and even maybe making it cool to finally wear your food on your shirt.

To celebrate the holidays, Jody and I are sharing with you our favorite gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe. Enjoy and gf yourself!

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie

Ingredients
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan shortening
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a bowl (I like to sift each one so it makes it easier to mix and the latter is less clumpy)
- Than mix all of the wet ingredients into the dry
- Take the made dough and form them into 1 inch balls and press onto wax paper
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and than cool and serve

Make sure you visit Jody's great shop featuring moi. This holiday season support the cause and look good while doing it!

xoxo
P&P

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P