Six Pieces Six Outfits

As the summer comes to an end we look forward to fall. Besides Christmas, fall is one of my favorite times of the year. We are introduced to new trends which can lead to a massive shopping sprees, but staying on trend does not mean that it has to cost a fortune. As a smart shopper you need to first clean out your closet to see what you need, and than pick out pieces that you can transition into the new season with. The key is not to over spend, instead finding items that you can utilize more than one outfit.
I recently popped into Poor Little Rich Girl to put my own advice to the test. Trying not to buy everything that caught my eye, I choose six key trending pieces to do the trick.
In any season there needs to be that one killer dress; for this past summer it was the cut-out dress. For fall we see the sheath dress trending. I was in love with this particular blue printed number because of the two different fabrics that were pieced together, which gave the body an illusion of a thinner waistline. 
Now lets discuss the slouchy pj pants. We have seen them for a couple of seasons now and its not going anywhere this fall. I personally love the shape of them as they are super comfy and easy to wear. The black ones that I found were silk, which gave the pants a luxe look. No more looking like you just rolled out of the bed, wearing these bad boys.
Mix media jean jackets and coats is a fall must have. It was seen on the runways of DKNY and Jill Sanders. May it be fur or leather its all about mixing two different textures of fabric into one coat. I chose this jean jacket as my mix media option because its great for fall and can be carried into the winter worn as a shirt under a coat...very Jenna Lyons inspired.
Every fall/winter I try to add a sweater or cardigan into my closet because on cold days there is nothing better than to cozy up to something big and warm. I particularly liked this one for the print, length and weight. The colour is natural so it can match anything in your closet, plus its not too boring because its also printed. It's also long and heavy enough to wear it on its own or under coats.
Than we come to the leather skirt, which is one of the biggest trends for fall. They come in may shapes for different age groups. For example the skater shape; like the one I choose can cater to younger age groups, and for the ladies in the more mature age groups stick to a straight pencil shape.
Lastly I always add a new layering shirt that's usually light in fabric and bold in print or colour. This way you can add the shirt to any outfit and it won't be lost in a bright or monotone look. Too much black is not always sexy.
You can find all of these pieces and much more at Poor Little Rich Girl in Toronto. Also if you visit them before September 31st, 2013 the ladies will offer you a 10% discount on any of the items that I have chosen or all new fall merchandise. Happy Shopping!

xoxo
P&P


You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P