As the weather gets colder I tend to crave for comfort food, and the number one thing I always salivate for is mac and cheese. I don't know what it is with this simple dish but it just makes me feel all warm and gooey inside. Recently doing research for dinner ideas I came upon this ultra healthy take on mac and cheese (quinoa and cheese) and it was surprisingly very satisfying and simple to make. Here is how its done...
- 1 cup of cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoon of panko
- Cook the quinoa to packaged instructions and let it cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and coat 13 x 9 inch dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a large bowl and fold in the quinoa mixture, than add the cheese and pour everything in to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the panko crumbs over the top and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the bread crumbs are browned.