P&P Gets Married- Our Engagement Party

I am so glad that all of the hard work that Deb and I put into this engagement party paid off! Everyone enjoyed their time and we played house music for 5 hours straight!
The most stressful thing about this party was finding the perfect outfit. All I knew was that I wanted all of my bridesmaids and I to be in white for the party, which eliminated a lot of great dress options (but that is my doing; when I have an idea boiling in my head I cannot let it go until I have accomplished it). At first I decided to design my own dress (how hard can it be, right?), it took me about a week to come up with the design and find the perfect fabric. Than I went to a dress maker that I have used in the past so I thought she would be most reliable because she has always done great work. Fast forward to a month before the engagement party when I went for my first fitting. I put on the dress and I started crying as I stood in front of the mirror...the dress was awful! Not having a plan B and extremely panicked I started to search the whole city and all over the web. At the end of all this I found something very simple from Alexander Wang, it wasn't everything that I wanted but I was happy. And the icing on the cake was that I bought these Oscars I wore that day from Bregdorf (online) a week before the party not knowing if it would fit or arrive in time. My amazing god sister managed to get them to deliver it to her and brought them all the way from Chicago just in time for the event. Just like Cinderella the glass slipper fit like a glove.

Outfit: Dress (T by Alexander Wang), Shoes (Oscar de la Renta, similar here and here), Earrings (Vintage Chanel) 

xoxo
P&P

You Might Also Like

3 COMMENTS

  1. Your party looks like it was amazing, you looked stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun! it was a lot of work...don't know if i can do a wedding after this

      xoxo
      P&P

      Delete
  2. Congrats looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P