pimp eats- old fashion carrot cake

This past fathers day the boy and I had a little bbq for his father. Instead of buying a cake I decided to make my soon to be father-in-law his favorite type of cake; the carrot cake. I have to say it turned out very delicious but not very pretty. My icing was a disaster so I went out and bought the Betty Crocker butter cream icing instead. Hope you guys try this very simple recipe out. 


Old Fashion Carrot Cake
Ingredients

  • 1 pound (about 4 large carrots) carrots 
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioner sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups grapeseed oil
  • 4 eggs

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 C, and grease a 9 by 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
  2. Grate the carrots with a food processor or a grater by hand (that is what I do and it makes me feel like I'm getting a little work out). Make sure that its a medium grate, so its not to fine that it dissolves into the batter.
  3. Mix together in a large bowl; the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, confectioner sugar and brown sugar. Than stir in the oil and the eggs. Once everything is mixed together add in the carrots.
  4. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
  5. Once baked cool overnight than spread on the butter cream frosting.

xoxo
P&P

You Might Also Like

1 COMMENTS

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P