pimp eats- URSA and Swish by Han

Everyone always asks me where the latest good eats are, or how I have suddenly become such a great cook??? I like to think that it is because I am a major foodie, but really I just love to eat good food. Whether I am going to pay for a meal or cook something it has to be worth my time. So I decided to add a section to the blog where I will be featuring food that I would recommend to make an effort to go out and try, or stay at home and rediscover the kitchen with. This new section is called "pimp eats"; and to kick it off I will show case two restaurant that is a must check out in Toronto right now. It just happens that I was able to convince the bf to go to both of them last weekend.
P.S. I definitely wasn't scale happy Monday morning weighing myself after all of the food I consumed...but good food is always worth it.

We started last weekend off by hitting up URSA with Scotty boy (open by his childhood friends). URSA has been opened for a couple of months now and it is situated in the super hipster Queen West area. The menu is a contemporary take on fresh and holistic ingredients transformed into an art piece. This winter root salad is a must try. The dish may seem simple in its taste but it is very complex; with bursts of pickled flavor followed by a major crunch factor from the organic veggies. Also the seared halibut with white bean mash (no picture) was divine as well. The halibut's skin was seared to perfection with a great non-overpowering smoky flavor. The drinks were impressive as well. I first saw the Ginger Indie at the table next to ours and decided to give it a try (even though there was raw egg whites in it). It tasted like a cold London Fog with booze in it and I was instantaneously hooked.  

Than on Saturday we celebrated our friend Jeremy's birthday at Swish by Han. Swish by Han is located close to the financial district, and it is the bad boy restaurant on the street with old school hip hop blasting out of speakers in front. The cuisine is a modern twist on traditional Korean food. All of the appetizers on the menu is amazing; I usually get 4 or 5 appetizers and consume it as my whole meal. One of my most favorite ones is the BBQ pork buns; the pork is braised in a sweet and sour sauce and accompanied in between a toasted onion kaiser bun. The mackerel fish is also another good one; the mackerel is cooked medium and than at the table side they torch the skin in front of you. Its a dish that is fun to watch and eat (warning: it can be dangerous if you have long hair and you are trying to lean in and take a picture). What is Korean food with out the side condiments of kimchie (they have a sweet flavor kimchie as well), pickled radishes, ginger, bean curd and seaweed; paired with an organic mushroom salad and miso dressing. Well you can get it all here if the Korean BBQ thing is getting old for you.

P.S. Follow me on Instagram @ primandpimp

xoxo
P&P


You Might Also Like

2 COMMENTS

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P